ScottishPower supplies energy to 5 million business and domestic customers across the UK and was acquired by Spanish utility company Iberdrola in late 2007. The combined group employs 40,000 people.
Scottish Power offers its domestic the customers the following additional products and services:
- A 'Cold Alarm' which alerts the customer when the temperature at home has fallen so low as to pose a risk to the health of the occupants
- A 'Green Tariff' which channels a portion of the tariff revenues towards funding renewable and non-polluting energy generation projects
- Energy saving lightbulbs sold via the ScottishPower website
- Dedicated services for special needs customers
- E-mail and telephone-based customer service access